Due to the increasing demand for drinking water for years to qualitatively good dune water mixed with the surface water in which many harmful substances from the Rhine, which are difficult to degrade. Think of PCB, Hormones, Medicine residues.
Many pipes are old and run down old industries such as petrol stations and factories that do not name so strictly regarding the environment in the 70s. Hairline cracks and fractures frequently occur, so the water is polluting. This contamination and threat can prevent end user to filter the water! The best reverse osmosis system is one of the best solutions for this problem
Water purification using reverse osmosis
Reverse osmosis membranes to remove contaminants less than 1 nm in diameter out of the water and usually more than 90% removal of ionic contamination and almost all particle pollution. In reverse osmosis is pumped past the membrane under pressure feed water (typically 4-15 bar) according to the cross-flow principle. RO-membranes are composed of a thin film of polyamide and are stable over a wide pH range. The performance of the RO component is checked by measuring the percentage of ionic repulsion. Reverse osmosis, with its exceptional purifying efficiency, is a very cost-effective technology for the removal of most of the impurities.
Tips to get the most pure water
What to think about:
1. To prevent contamination of purified water, avoid stagnant water.
2. In a water purification system, one can only maintain the microbiological purity of the water by allowing it to recirculate in the supply reservoir through the various cleaning processes. The storage container should be hermetically sealed and equipped with a bacterial filter to avoid contamination by air. Also, it is necessary to prevent global warming.
3. In order to counteract the formation of algae not use a light-transmissive reservoirs and pipes. Water resources does not keep in places where they are exposed to direct light and heat sources.
4. The demin capable of operating at low pressure. In contrast to reverse osmosis is the quality of the water independently of the pressure.
5. Ensure adequate water flow across the demin so that the water passes through all the resin layers and not just the same tier. The latter gives a poor water quality and a weak exchange capacity of the resin present.
6. Many reverse osmosis systems work with the pressure of the water supply (water supply) and are designed for a pressure of 3 bar. If the of the line pressure is lower than 3 bar, this will proportionally reduce the flow rate and the quality of the permeate. Rather than a booster pump.
7. After a period of inactivity, i.h.b. After a week, pour ionized water produced during the first 2 to 3 minutes still in the sink when you use it for sensitive analytical techniques.
8. The devices comply with instructions very carefully. Eg. with a device for reverse osmosis never close the exit for the permeate or concentrate as the mains supply is still open for the water to be treated. If the discharge of the permeate is impeded, a reverse pressure will arise so that the membrane can rupture and it becomes unusable. Also can not be interrupted at a normal operation, the flow rate of the concentrate, as this may result in precipitation and contaminating the membrane surface.
9. To extend the life of a water purification system to clean it regularly and disinfect.
Purity Checking osmosis water
By measuring the osmosis water, you can determine whether you osmosis unit c.q. Osmosis device functions properly and of sufficient quality end product. The saturation of the membrane and several filter cartridges can be measured with the aid of a screen monitor. This is a little computer with a screen you can control the degree of saturation of up to 5 different screens. A good osmosis monitor is equipped with a:
- Thermometer (v.w.b. temperature)
- EC meter (v.w.b. electrical conductivity which is Conductivity Factor (CF): conductivity of heat energy)
- TDS meter (v.w.b. Total Dissolved Solids: total concentration of dissolved solids in parts per million or ppm)
- pH meter (v.w.b. acidity: acid or alkaline water)
- Refractometers (v.w.b. Refractive index, salinity / salinity and hardness)
- Ie redox ORP meter (v.w.b. redox potential in terms of antioxidants ie ORP: Oxidation Reduction Potential)
Should an osmosis unit is not fitted with integrated measuring, you can use if desired separate measuring electrodes.