Content of the article:
1.TYPES OF SELF-PROPELLED LAWN MOWER
2. SELF PROPELLED LAWN MOWER
3. MAINTENANCE TIPS
4. The top 10 best self propelled lawn mower
TYPES OF SELF PROPELLED LAWN MOWER
The self propelled lawn mowers are basically divided into two types of blades used: helical blades (horizontal drum shaped ground) and circular blades (similar to a saber rotating). The later – Rotary blades lawn mower – is the most common and simpler and cheaper to maintain. The helical blades lawn mower used only for cutting grass in sensitive areas, and usually only used by professionals. There are 2 best self propelled lawn mower types:
ELECTRIC SELF PROPELLED LAWN MOWER
The electric mower is recommended for areas up to a maximum of 600-800 m2. They are simpler, cheaper and more manageable than petrol mower, but its biggest drawback is the need for the cable connection to power the electric motor. Also the height and width of cut is usually less than the gasoline or blend engine self propelled lawn mower .
PETROL SELF PROPELLED LAWN MOWER
The petrol mower (both 2 and 4-stroke) are more powerful and robust than the electric lawn mower, because the usual engines have almost twice as much power, allowing them to offer a greater width and height of cut. Given their greater weight and most of them offer self propelled capacity systems. They are obviously more expensive, but the maintenance cost of their engines is generally low.
SELF PROPELLED LAWN MOWER
The self propelled mower (shaped like a tractor) are recommended for larger areas of 3,000 m2. They are very comfortable but expensive for both purchase price and maintenance cost.
- If we look at the cutting zone before passing the mower, we avoid many blows with stones, sticks and other objects from being cut by the blades. This is especially important in the case of the lawn mowers which do not have wheels but the airbag. A stone struck by the blade may damage it irreparably.
- Electric mower just need a check of the blade (sharp tie), lubricate the clutch cable and wheel axles. Of course, it should never be used with damaged cable or those is cut by the blade.
- Gasoline lawn mower must be checked: State Transmission if there is (belt, etc), voltage cables and safety clutch, greasing if necessary, check status of the knife sharpening whenever necessary, and avoid extra work engine, periodically check the bolts and ties, retightening.
- If the mower vibrates excessively, it is possible that your blade is damaged, improperly sharpened or unbalanced. In those case, you should visit a professional to check it.
- Regarding gasoline engines of the mower: Clean the air filter at least every 6 months, depending on the number of hours of use and whether there is dust in the area, dispose of gasoline (mixture) of your mower if it leads into the tank using no more than 6 months, most likely this unusable. In 2-stroke engines (mixing), use the appropriate proportion of gasoline and oil specified by the manufacturer, using a filter for filling. In the 4-stroke engines (those using gasoline only)
- Check the oil level in the crankcase (engine block), filled to the marked level and changing every 50-75 hours of use (or every two years at least, since oil also loses its properties over time)
- In all gasoline engines, review the spark plug 2 times a year
- Cleaning and adjusting the electrodes. If it is badly worn, replace just the type recommended by the manufacturer.
- Clean and lubricate the controls (accelerator, clutch, cutting height adjustment, etc).
- Clean the cooling zone (air intakes, cooling fins, etc.) before each use the mower.
- Clean the mower housing inside after use, preventing the cut grass inside adheres itself.
- Never store the lawn mower side or inclined form.
- At least every two years a professional should do a general check for the mower to detectand solve problems that went unnoticed for you, extending the life of the machine.
The top 10 best self propelled lawn mower
- McCulloch M40-125 – Mower (1600W, 23.8 kg)
- Bosch AHM 30 – Manual Mowers
- Einhell – GC-MS 1536 – Electric Mower
- AL-KO 112856 3.82 Classic SE – Electric Mower [Imported from Germany]
- Bosch ARM 32 – Planters
- Black & Decker EMAX42I-QS – Mower (cutting width of 42 cm, 1800 W)
- Bosch ROTAK 43 – Mowers, 1800 W
- Einhell – BG-HM 40 – Hand mower
- Bosch ROTAK 37 – Mowers, 1400 W
- GE-EM 1843 Einhell HW – Mower (Push lawnmower, 43 cm, 63 L, 1800 W, Electric AC 230 V)