Alex Rodriguez will quickly stroll down the aisle to wed Jennifer Lopez, however it will not be the very first time he’s been married. A-Rod’s ex lover, Cynthia Scurtis, just recently talked on J-Rod’s involvement, so below’s all the details on his first spouse.
“I more than happy for them. Other than that, I have no comment,” Cynthia Scurtis, 46, the former better half of Alex Rodriguez, 43, stated when speaking for the first time on his engagement to Jennifer Lopez, 49. Cynthia, when offering such an in a nutshell comment to Radar Online, was supposedly noticeably upset, as well as considering exactly how her marital relationship to the New York Yankees slugger ended, it’s not that surprising. Prior To A-Rod and also Jenny From The Block tie the knot, below is what one requires to understand about the A-Rod’s very first wife.
1. She originates from a “famous Florida religious family members.” Born in, as the NY Daily Information put it, “the fancy Coconut Grove neighborhood of Miami,” Cynthia is the granddaughter of one of Florida’s most famous as well as significant Greek Orthodox clergymans, the Rev. Demosthenes Mekras. Cynthia was sent out to Gulliver Preparation School, the same institution where O.J. Simpson and former Gov. Jeb Bush sent their kids. She played volleyball and also was a prominent cheerleader.
2. Cynthia’s into fitness– and is incredibly wise. Cynthia got a degree in psychology from Ohio State. She likewise has a master’s level from Ft Lauderdale’s Nova Southeastern College. After finishing her schooling, she returned to her home town to instruct psychology at her secondary school. It remained in Coconut Grove where she would satisfy her fiancÃ©.
3. She fulfilled Alex at a fitness center in 1996. She was on the Stairmaster at the Heart And Soul Gym when A-Rod, then the All-Star shortstop for the Seattle Mariners, approached her. “He’s actually right into muscle women,” a resource informed the Daily Information. “She maintained stating, ‘No, no, no,’ when he asked her out. Ultimately, she collapsed.” 6 years later on, on her 30th birthday, Alex proposed. By then, he was playing for the Texas Rangers as well as living beyond Dallas. Though her family initially challenged the connection because she had not been dating a Greek, her grandpa wed them at A-Rod’s Texas estate in 2002.
4. Their marital relationship didn’t finish well. Cynthia declared separation in 2008, after reports affirmed that A-Rod was obtaining close and personal with a Las Vega Pole Dancer. The pair had 2 youngsters together– Natasha Alexander, now 14, and also Ella Alexander, now 10– and also the split was not pretty. “The marital relationship of the events is irretrievably damaged because of the hubby’s extramarital events and various other marital transgression,” according to her petition for dissolution of marriage, submitted in the family members division of Miami-Dade Area Circuit Court, according to ESPN. The pair finalized the divorce in Sept. 2008. Ever since, she has actually carried on. She has a two-year-old daughter named Camilla as well as a new fiancé, Miami realtor and health and fitness business owner Angel Oscar.
5. She’s apparently not a fan of J.Lo. Cynthia’s younger bro, Constantine Scurtis, submitted a civil suit against A-Rod in 2014, accusing the slugger of fraudulence, breach of fiduciary responsibility, unfair enrichment and civil conspiracy related to a realty firm they began in 2003, according to the NY Daily Information. According to an activity filed on April 30 in a Florida state court, Cynthia allegedly made “defaming remarks” concerning J.Lo. Allegedly, A-Rod’s attorney apparently “communicated” to Cynthia “that he had ownership of communications in which (Cynthia) apparently made defaming comments regarding Rodriguez’s current partner, Jennifer Lopez.”